A delicious salad recipe from Sharlene Ionescu, A&S Microgreens
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups raw walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon of spice mixture (paprika, cayenne, fennel seed, and coriander)
- 1 cup sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a nonstick baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the walnuts and egg white. Add the spice mixture and sugar and mix until evenly coated. Spread the walnuts into an even layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven until browned, about 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sour cream with the yogurt and whisk in the lemon juice, white pepper. Add in the extra-virgin olive oil, whisking briskly to emulsify. Set aside.
- 25g celery root, peeled
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, unpeeled
- 2 large Gala apples, unpeeled
- Sliced radishes
- 25g of Red Cabbage microgreens
- 25g of Pea shoots
- 12 red grapes, halved lengthwise
Julienne the celery root and apples into matchstick-sized strips and transfer to a mixing bowl. Gently fold the dressing into the apple mixture until well combined.
Divide the salad between chilled serving plates. Add the microgreens, grape halves and candied walnut halves.